Joint Pain Causes
|By Amar T|
Related Articles: Joint Pain Causes Arthritis Joints Joint pain Joint injury Joint pain relief Cartilage injury Synotrex
Submit your articles here!
Joint pain is something which causes pain in the joints, gradually spreading to the bones and finally affecting the whole body, making mobility totally impossible and thus bringing one's routine activities too to a stand still. People who are suffering from joint pain may get a feeling that life is miserable, as they are deprived of mobility as well as happiness. Even a mere viral fever can cause pain in bones and joints.
There are various causes or reasons for joint pain, and similarly, their treatment also varies. A few major causes for joint pain are:
- Injury - Strains, dislocations, sprains, broken bones and separations, all can lead to discomfort and pain in the bones and joints. Injuries to the tendons and muscles contribute greatly to this pain because when the injury heals, there is a development of scar tissue, which creates pulling and tightness on the joints. Some injuries that can cause pain in the joints occur due to overuse of any particular joint or due to the repetitive movement of any joint in a particular direction or position.
- Infections - There are some joint pains like septic arthritis which are caused by bacterial infections. A few other infections which contribute are Lyme disease, hepatitis, measles and influenza.
- Autoimmune disorders - Many autoimmune disorders cause damage and severe pain to the joints. In such conditions, there occurs a malfunctioning of the immune system which starts attacking the healthy tissues.
- Degenerative conditions - Gout, osteoarthritis and bursitis are a few examples of degenerative conditions which are responsible for the weakening of joints and causing pain further. They get worsened as time passes by, for the reason that they are difficult to be prevented. Inflammatory conditions - In these conditions also, people endure severe and chronic joint pains. Ankylosing spondylitis is one such inflammation seen in joints that occur in between the bones of the spinal chord, and also between the pelvis and the spines.
- Lifestyle - When one leads a very idle life, with no sort of exercises given to the body as such, in fact with little or no attention to regular exercises, he is sure to get discomfort in joints due to the weakening of muscles which will no longer support the entire skeletal system properly. In addition to it, overweight puts over strain on the joints, that causes pain, leading further to injury.
A few other causes of joint pains that do not form a part of the above said categories are Paget's disease, haemophilia, bone cancer and hyperparathyroidism. This clearly shows that there is an array of reasons that cause joint and bone pain. At times, it becomes very hard to make out the actual cause, thus further leading to untreated joint pain. It is very essential to go to an expert bone specialist to diagnose the exact problem and its cause. In the meantime, one can go for natural supplements, which would help greatly in reducing the pain, and may be in some cases, make it vanish completely. Massaging with medicinal oil and hot fomentation are some of the natural methods of reducing joint pains.
Amar works as a copy writer, specializes in promoting websites for highly competitive keywords like Joint Pain Causes and Joint Pain.
Do you Agree or Disagree? Have a Comment? POST IT!
| Reader Opinions