With the best will in the world, sometimes it can be difficult to stay on the straight and narrow with your fitness regime. The early enthusiasm can wane and what was once a glorious objective is threatening to become a real drudge. These 5 tips will help you to keep up your motivation and keep on track to reach your goals.
1. Have a goal in mind Once you've started your fitness regime make sure you have a goal to aim for.Know what you want to achieve and keep a reminder of this. You can use various methods for this, write it on a post-it and stick it on your fridge, put it in your diary or workout log and look at it every day and it will help to keep you focused.
2. Do it with a friend Having a friend to share your regime with is also a good way to stay motivated. If going to the gym is not an option then get a friend to join you on your activities and make up a daily/weekly routine,that way you won't be as inclined to say 'I'll give it a miss today, feeling a bit tire' because your friend is depending you.
3. Check your progress After a few weeks into your routine check your progress. Get a fitness test. Make an appointment with your GP and see how well you're doing. This is really a great booster to know that you're getting fitter and keeps you on track.
4. Vary your routines In order to stay motivated it is crucial that your workouts do not become boring. You need to have a few different activities to do and alternate them every couple of days, for example go walking on Monday, swimming on Tues, aerobic workout on Wednesday and then back to walking on Thursday and so on.. that way things don't get too repetitive.
5. Enjoy Yourself If on somedays you are not able to get out and about try going on a treadmill at home and watch your favourite tv show or stick in your headphones and sing along to your favourite tunes and enjoy. Check out Impex home gyms and the Impex home gym at http://GoldsGymEquipment.org which can help you lose weight and get in shape.